PK203: Fasting: The Science and Practice
Professional Training in the Therapeutic Benefits of Fasting.
In this 1-month online course you'll explore the science behind fasting and understand how to put this into practice for yourself and/or your patients.
We will arm you with the confidence, knowledge and key practice techniques you need. Done well, Intermittent Fasting can promote weight loss, enhance immune function and improve cognition.
You will learn the science of:
- Fasting basics, types of fasting, the mechanisms of fasting and who can benefit from fasting
- Cell regeneration and autophagy
- Detox, energy balance and burning, and growth hormones
- Hormesis, immunity and ketones
- Insulin and glucose in terms of fasting
- The scientific loose ends around fasting
And the practice of fasting:
- What to eat and when
- The 10 rules of fasting
- Fasting troubleshooting
- Medical considerations
- A GP's perspective on fasting
Are you ready to truly make a difference to the health outcomes of your patients or clients?
This course provides professional training in the
therapeutic benefits of fasting, including:
How and why fasting works
Real life practise
How to fast safely
About a year ago, AJ saw some photos of himself at a friend’s 50th birthday party, and it was at that moment that he realised he had never looked or felt as bad as he did then. Things needed to change. Under Dr Caryn Zinn's advice, he started Intermittant Fasting. AJ is now 30 kgs lighter. AJ’s ‘aha’ moment was realising that his body simply doesn’t need as much food as he thought it did.
Download our 7 Types of Fasting Resource
Let’s take a look at the main fasting methods out there, the ones which you’ve likely heard about; 5:2, alternate day, warrior diet, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
The roots of obesity, type 2 diabetes and heart disease are firmly embedded in the food environment.
- Dr Aseem Malhorta, Cardiologist, best selling author, researcher, and Professor of Evidence-Based Medicine.